Monday, January 01, 2007

A Birthday/New Year Gift to myself!


Over the holidays, I used a point and shoot digital camera that worked very well. Espeially because I could stick it in my pocket, carry my son if needed and go through security @ airports. A few days before we were to leave Singapore, my 5 year old wanted to take pictures of fish in a hotel lobby and dropped the camera. Not surprisingly, the lens got jammed and I was quite upset.
I’ve been wanting to buy a prosumer camera for the longest time but I didn’t want to lug all that weight around.
Came back home and researched.
Here Here, Here, Here and Here
Fell in love with the Nikon D40. The replacement for the D50, it keeps the 6.1-megapixel sensor but boasts upgrades to the viewfinder, LCD, metering, processor speed, burst rate, noise suppression, in-camera editing, and user help, in a smaller and lighter package. Now for the really hot feature: The new camera, at $599 with an 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II AF-S Zoom-Nikkor DX lens, is $100 less than the current D50 with a kit lens.

The D40 will make for a very agile backpacking companion, can’t wait for Spring time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh! Can't wait to get my Nikon D80. May be, soon! :)

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review